Basketball is a great source of having fun, exercise and as well as increases your playing skills. Whether you are a younger or elder, it will be very beneficial for you. If you don’t want to go from your house for playing basketball, then it also allows you to install it in the backyards of your house. For this, best portable basketball hoop is the best option for you. These types of hoops are much sturdy and robust that can withstand in the entire weather elements. Whether there is a harsh stormy or sunny weather, it can meet all the weather condition and can work for long years. If you also want to have this basketball hoop in your house, then you have to install it. It will be useful if you install it in an open area so that you can play your game in a healthy environment. To fix it, you need to have some important parts of the basketball hoop. So here is the list of the parts of basketball hoops and installation tips as well.
You may need basketball goal and as well as associated parts including the pole of the basketball goal.
- A Wheelbarrow
- Chalk or Marker
- Broom and water as well
- A shovel
Following are the tips to install the Portable basketball hoops:
- First of all select the location where you want to install the basketball hoop. It is important to keep ensure that the area must be completely open or must have enough space to run and play the game.
- Now take a shovel and dig a hole in the location of the hoop. Keep in mind the dig must be deep around two feet and 1.5 feet in diameter. The edge of the hole of basketball hoop must be from the border to the surface of the basketball ground.
- After digging, it is time to mark the position of the basketball hoop with the help of chalk. This mark must be 15 inches from the base and must not be on top of the court after the place in the goal post hooked on the court.
- Mix the concrete (five 90 pounds bags) with the water in the wheelbarrow as per the instruction mentioned on the bag.
- Put the mixture of the concrete into the hole around three-quarters. After pouring the concrete, insert the pole of the basketball hoop. Keep sure to put the bottom half of the basketball hoop. After pouring the cement all around the pole because it makes sure that the pole installed properly.
- Allow the concrete to dry completely so that it can actively mount. Then, mix the left one bag of the concrete with the water and pour it inside the bottom pole to keep it full in the spot.
The last step is to allow it to keep it dry for at least three or four days and after its proper setup, insert the other parts of the basketball hoop such as rim and board, etc. to the basketball hoop as per the instructions of the providers.